We are delighted to announce that our Red Rose Storage site in Chorley has become the first self store in Lancashire to be inspected by Trading Standards and accepted into their Tick Box – Self Storage Code of Conduct scheme.
Acceptance into the Tick Box scheme formalises our commitment to working in partnership with Trading Standards and other Law Enforcement Agencies to keep our facility free from counterfeit and illicit goods.
Counterfeit and illicit goods, which includes unsafe consumer goods and non-duty paid alcohol and tobacco cost the economy billions of pounds each year, and are often associated with criminal gang activities.
Our extra vigilance helps to keep our self storage facility safe for all of our customers and staff.
For more information on the scheme, or to report anyone you suspect of illicit activity, please contact trading standards.
Our full commitment is below:
- To prohibit the storage of counterfeit and illicit goods, which includes unsafe consumer goods and non- duty paid alcohol and tobacco.
- To complete robust ‘know your customer’ identification checks.
- To provide reasonable assistance to Local Authority Trading Standards Officers and other enforcement agencies with their investigations.
- To demonstrate a commitment to fair trading and consumer protection by displaying the code of practice prominently for customers and visitors.
- To ensure all customers are aware and agree to the code of practice before the completion of their rental application form.
- To ensure all staff understand the code of practice and its responsibilities.
- To report the storage of counterfeit or other illicit goods such as non- duty paid alcohol or tobacco to Trading Standards via the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.